Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Dusty Dolls: Magical DoReMi Musical Reanne Griffith

Hi! Today's installment of Dusty Dolls will be focusing on a doll that was released in 2005 by Bandai, Musical Reanne Griffith from Magical DoReMi!


Isn't she a cutie?
Now for the 'educational' part of Dusty Dolls, here is a little backstory of the DoReMi series. Magical DoReMi, or also known as, Ojamajo DoReMi, was a magical girl series aimed at young girls from the late 90's to early 2000's. It was broadcast in America on 4Kids TV, which is a (now defunct?) company that mostly focused on exporting kids tv shows from different parts of the world, some of it's biggest titles being Winx Club, Poekmon, and YuGiOh! Magical DoReMi aired in 2005, and I don't think that it lived past it's first season in America, where it didn't really seem to catch on all that well, from what I can tell anyways. In Japan, however, it was quite popular, spawning five seasons and two movies, I have been watching some of the series, and It seems really cutesy and adorable, but after watching the witches lose their powers for the fourth time, the plot started to get a bit repetitive. But this isn't a review of the show! It's a review of the doll! Onward we go!

 
Her face is typical of an anime character, with the huge eyes, undetailed eyebrows, tiny nose, and small mouth set practically under her nose. Her eyes are a dark shade of orange, and her mouth is bright red color. She has very large circular glasses, which make sense for her character, since she's the smarty over achiever, which makes her my favorite character in the show.

 
Here she is with her glasses removed, her eyes are spaced very far apart, which would look weird, but looks kind of cute, to me at least. And I apologize for the blue tinge a lot of these pictures have! I need a better camera!


Here are her glasses by themselves, they're gray and are the typical 'Dorky' type glasses. They have little tabs on the edges that are used to plug into the dolls head, to keep them from falling out too easily.


Here is her profile, which is incredibly adorable! she has molded on orange earrings, and here you can see the little hole above her ear where the glasses plug in.


Her hair is tied up into a tight ponytail, held back with a big orange bow attached to an elastic, I'm very happy that her hair elastic hasn't dried up and broken (yet!)


Her outfit is a one piece neon orange yellow mix, which is showing up more yellow on camera, sorry! She also has a pair of neon orange gloves.


Here is a close up of one of the gloves, it has a beading decoration by the wrist, with three different colored beads: pink, blue, and yellow. They remind me of oven mitts XD


She has orange ankle boots with a creamy orange type color at the top of the boots.


Here's a side view of the boots, they end in an upwards point, with a small heel.


A full body side view,


A back view, and can I just say, her hair is so amazing! It's soft and easy to brush, and so shiny!


And a final full body side view! Now onto the accessories!


She has a little wand with different multicolored dots going down it, with red half ball like decorations on both ends.


Here she is holding the wand, she can hold it thanks to a hole on both of her palms.


She also came with this broom, that has a white handle and pastel pink 'bristles' made from the same material as zelf hair.


Here she is holding the broom, and if you look closely, you might see the hole in her left palm.


She also came with a yellow-orange witches hat with an orange stripe going around the base.


I think the hat really pulls her entire outfit together, yet I don't really display her wearing it  >.<\


She came with an extra schoolgirl, or civilian, outfit, which is being modeled here by my customized Pullip Peter Pan.


 The top gives off the illusion of being a light yellow vest over a plain white shirt, but it's all just one piece.


The skirt is pleated and is a bright orange color, and her shoes (loafers?) are huge and brown colored, with plain white socks that look like they are rolled down.

And that's just about it for this doll! I would have loved to include a video clip of her talking, but her batteries are long dead, and they're those watch type batteries, which are crazy expensive and hard to come by where I live. And I know I still have her box, it's just lost in the messy and bottomless pit that is my closet, I will have to update this post when, or if, I find the box. I hope you liked this amateuresque review! :) Bye!

HUGS!

4 comments:

  1. Your review of the Magical DoReMi doll was a big help to me, but probably not for the reasons you're thinking. Several months ago, I purchased an anime style doll with pink hair at the thrift store. I had no idea who she was or even what doll line she came from, but I thought she was cute so I picked her up. I've been trying to id her ever since. When I saw your review, I noticed that your doll has the same symbol on her outfit as my doll. Now that I know my doll was part of the DoReMi line, it was much easier to id her online. It's so much easier to id dolls when you know what you're looking for. So here's a big thank you from me and my DoReMi Dorie Goodwyn doll.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome Treesa! I love the helping other people, especially when it comes to identifying dolls! I actually once saw a Dorie doll NIB at the flea market, but I wasn't able to purchase her, since the man that was selling her had her for a ridiculous price, oh well, happy wishes to you and your Dorie doll!

      Delete
  2. Your Pullip is precious!! What do you call her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I call her Ally, because there's something about her that makes me think of that name. :)

      Delete